Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Little Artist

The other day, Alex came up to me and showed me a little figure he had drawn. He said, "It's me! See - I have green hair and super, super short legs." "You have super, super short legs?" I asked. He answered - "Yeah, I'm only 5 you know." He had me there. Then he asked me if I wanted him to draw me. I said yes, and he said "OK - but it'll take longer because it needs to be more curvy." Fearing that my 5 year-old was maturing faster than I was ready, I hesitantly asked him what he meant. His answer was simple: Your hair. Here he is with the proud results.
A close up of my little green Alex, and me with the curvy hair. I love my little artist.

9 comments:

Jennie said...

I think he did a great job on your curvy parts. Too cute!

Stacie said...

I love the art work...totally cute. I think Alex is going to be a great artist someday. Love all your posts, looks like you have all been doing some fun things lately.

Kimi said...

haha that is so funny. Alex cracks me up. Cute drawings!

Melanie said...

So cute!

flynn family said...

Alex is one of the best THINKERS that I know! He is hilarious!

Carrie said...

Adorable!

grandma gus said...

Yes, sometimes when raising a family there will come those moments when you "hold your breath and wait for an answer" and then say in relief...... WHEW!!!!!!
What a very smart and talented boy you have there. Alex is amaxing, very creative and a thrill to follow!!!! Keep up the great work MOM!!!!! oh...and DAD!!!!

Toni said...

He really captured his greenness and your hair's curvyness. Too cute!

Shelly! said...

Is he available for hire? I'd love a portrait of myself and my curvy hair :)

Too cute! Bravo to Alex - he is a good artist!