Friday, December 19, 2008

The Festival of Trees

This year we went to the Festival of Trees. It was my first time and it was really neat. There were small trees, big trees, gingerbread houses, and centerpieces on display for sale. All of the pieces are donated and all the proceeds go to Primary Children's Hospital. The big trees go for several hundred dollars. Almost all of the big trees also have decorations or other additional items that go with them. It was quite impressive, but also sad as many of the trees are in memory of those (many of whom are children) who have passed away. Alex quite liked this big Grinch. Aidan was, of course, quite happy during the event.
This Mickey Mouse tree was really cool - with lots of Mickey Mouses on the tree, and tons of Disney movies, books, and toys underneath.
We ate dinner at the Mayan afterwards, and Alex enjoyed watching the cliff divers.

6 comments:

Toni said...

What a cool event. The trees look awesome.

Jennie said...

How fun. We haven't been to the Mayan in years. Maybe next year we'll make more of an effort to go and fight the crowds.

Shelly! said...

How fun! Though that Grinch is a little too scary for me.

And can I just say - Aidan's ability to be happy is unreal. I've heard of happy babies but this kid stole the market!

Melanie said...

Sounds like a fun night!

Annissa said...

I love the Fest. of trees! I haven't been there for years!!! I will have to remember to make a point of going next year.

Annalee said...

Lets all go next year! Steve is "good" after about one row of trees--so maybe there will be a game for the guys and the girls can hit that! We have missed a year or two now and I LOVE to go! They never cease to amaze! I want to take a tree on for YW but don't want to slit my wrists next Christmas with the stress! I'm learning eh?