Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The first real snow

We got our first real snow the other day (along with it came the cold!). As soon as Alex came home from school - he went outside to play in the snow. All by himself - I was so impressed! He usually only likes to play outside if there is someone to play with him. He also built a snowman all by himself! I could see that he had made a ball by rolling the snow. Unfortunately, he didn't pat it together, so it pretty much just fell apart - but I thought it was great that he tried. I went outside and helped him (a little) - pat some of the snow together. Alex told me that he needed some olives and a carrot. I didn't see the carrots right away, so I gave him a tootsie roll. We used a piece of licorice for the mouth. Alex was quite proud of his creation (the 3rd one he did that night).
I finally got him to come in when it was dark. He played outside for several hours - and went back out the next day. He is loving the snow! It also makes it feel a little more like Christmas. :)

4 comments:

Jennie said...

What a cute snowman. I LIKE the tootsie roll idea. However, knowing me, I would eat it and it wouldn't ever make it on the snowman. I am also happy that he'll do it by himself. Think of all that mommy time. :)

Toni said...

Alex looks really happy. There's just something about snow and kids playing in it.

grandma gus said...

WOW......Cami, Alex is a hardcore outdoorsman!!!! He will need a ski pass, poles, boots, googles.....and I will stay inside and hold Aidan!!!!
Great job Alex, I hope you don't catch cold!!!!

grandma gus said...

Con't......
I totally missed the snowball coming at the camera at first!!!!
Great shot CAMI!!!!!
Great REFLEXES!!!!!!