Monday, October 20, 2008

Conference Fun

Yikes! Has it really been a month since I've blogged? I guess after my last blog - I was concentrating on Mom and Dad Gus's anniversary celebration (you can read about the details on any of the sisters blogs), then scrapbooking weekend, and then they asked us to talk in church on Sunday, so we were getting ready for that. Also, the computer broke in the middle and was in the shop for a little over a week - so we were without that. Anyhoo - this is a little late - but Alex really enjoyed Conference.
Alex enjoyed printing out the Conference packet and coloring the sheets. In between Sat. sessions, we made a spin board with the members of the First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 on it (you can see it on the blue board with the yellow pointer below). We also got out the M&Ms so that he could play Conference Bingo on his (outdated) Bingo Board. I never knew a 5 year old could be so excited for Conference. He loved it! He also enjoyed spying his cousin Lexie in the children's choir that sang.
We gave our talks yesterday in church and survived! Yay! We are happy to have that done. Here's a picture of us after church. Alex even gave his first talk in sacrament meeting. He said he wanted to give a talk when he found out we were speaking. We hesitently asked him what he would say, and he said, "Hi, I'm Alex. When I'm 8 years old I can be baptized by immersion by Jon, my dad. I can be a member of Jesus Christ's church. When I'm baptized, I promise to obey God's commandments. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." We were sufficiently impressed, so we let him talk, and he got up all by himself and did a great job! I think that's pretty good for a 5 year old to write his own talk - we were pretty proud of our little tiger - even if he does call his dad by his first name. :)

6 comments:

Kimi said...

It's about time for a new update! haha jk. Alex is way too funny. I'm impressed with his talk... that sounds much better than the talk I did a couple of months ago. Maybe I should start having him write mine! How long until he can start writing my Psychology papers...? :)

Annalee said...

I am so glad you posted! I was beginning to think you were done "with every last dang one of us":) Congrats on having your talks over with although I wish we could have come and heard. Alex is hilarious! Did Jon use some info from the temple sealer (we all had on Anniv Day) at the temple? You guys look cute!!
Love, Annalee & fam

Jennie said...

A is so funny! I would have loved to hear him talk. I bet he had the whole audience wrapped around his finger. I'm glad you are back in the bloggin world. With out a computer for a whole week????? How did you survive? :)

Toni said...

Alex is so cute. Can you say future High Council member! (:

Shelly! said...

Yeah - you're back! I take blog holidays all the time so I know how it goes.

Glad your day in church turned out so well!

We miss you guys!

mama fish said...

If we would have known you guys were speaking, we would have run over. That is too funny about Alex. Hayden didn't even want to participate in the primary program. Glad you are back!