Monday, August 24, 2009

Alex's first day of school

Today was a pretty exciting day - Alex started first grade today! Even though he told us this morning that he didn't want to go and we couldn't make him, I know he was really excited to "be a big boy". I could tell he was excited because he readily (and quickly!) got dressed, brushed his teeth, and did his hair.
Where's Alex? He's pretty well camouflaged in our roses. Dad took this cute shot on our way to school.
This is Alex's teacher, Mrs. Wood. She sent Alex a post card last week to tell him she was excited to meet him. That meant a lot to Alex. I couldn't get too many specifics out of Alex about today, but they did make fruit loop necklaces when the got to school, and he was very excited that he gets 2 recesses!

I didn't cry when I took Alex to school, but I was a little sad to not have my little friend around. I'm so proud of my little 1st grader!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm glad A had a good day. His teacher looks fun. :) I am so jealous of your alone time. C is my little buddy and a sweetie, but I think he is ready for all day and so am I. :) Enjoy A and give him kisses. This is his "season".

Toni said...

I hope he continues to enjoy 1st grade. His big grin shows he likes it so far.

Annalee said...

He is growing up so fast!! So cute! I love how you guys are doing his hair! He is such a cute guy!