Monday, June 1, 2009

Guess who's 6?

Our little tiger turned 6! I can't believe it. The morning of his birthday, I let him pick his breakfast, and he wanted a pancake with candles in it. Jon was home so we all sang to him over his pancake. He also got a light saber for his birthday (hence, it's in the pic).

Alex decided he wanted to have a Buzz Lightyear party, so a few weeks back, we sent out the invitations. I've been pretty lucky to get away without having a "friend" party until now!
The first thing everyone did when they got here was make their very own Pizza Planet pizza. While they cooked, the boys made space rockets.
Then the kids ate their creations - or at least played with their food. :)
Then it was time for a rousing game of "pin the eye on the LGM (Little Green Man)". The kids really enjoyed this, although there was quite a bit of cheating going on with feeling where the eye should go (since they couldn't see).
Then they grabbed their goody bags and headed outside for the pinata.
Look at these cute little guys! They had a great time wacking our poor little space ranger pinata.
Once the pinata was decapitated, there was a rush for the candy!
We finished off with some Buzz Lightyear cake.
Alex had a great time!

7 comments:

JILL said...

Happy Birthday Alex! I LOVE the cake! (Did you make it Cami?)

Jennie said...

Cami, you did a great job on the cake. I'm so impressed. The party looked so fun. Thanks for bringing Collin home that night. We were a little crazy around here. I'm glad Alex had a fun birthday. I can't believe our little triplets are growing right up.

Toni said...

What a fun party. The cake looks awesome. You did such a great job. I love how the boys hacked the pinata to death.

Anonymous said...

I loved the picture with Alex and big 6 balloon so cute. The party looked great and I am sure you guys had a great time. Alex has liked Buzz for as long as I can remember.

Kimi said...

Cute birthday party! The invitations, cake, pinata, etc. were so cute!

Lexie said...

SO CUTE CAKE CAMI!!!

mama fish said...

Just getting around to saying thanks again. Hayden loved the party so much he is still talking about it! I can't believe we are sending them to first next year, crazy!