Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Tiger on the Mountain

Today Jon took Alex skiing for his first time. Jon went skiing two weeks ago, and Alex tried to stowaway, so he was very excited to be officially invited this time.Alex looked great in all of his ski attire, and picked up the basics in a flash.Brighton's kinder ski group helped Alex learn the ropes. After his first lesson, he was well on his way to becoming a Little Ripper.
He enjoyed riding the lift on a sunny, warm day.
And he did a great job skiing! He can't wait to go again to practice his pizza and french fry moves.
Thanks to ski school, Jon was able to rise above the bunny hills to catch this great view of Mt. Timpanogos and the surrounding scenery.

I have to admit that I may have enjoyed their ski day as much as they did: I was able to nap with Aidan catch up on my Twilight reading. Aidan and I went for a walk around the neighborhood and had a relaxing day enjoying the warm weather. I'm glad the boys were able to take advantage of Jon's passes before the snow melts away.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow! Alex has now had one more ski trip than me. Yes... a life long UT resident and haven't ever skied. Maybe I should stow along in the car so I can get the experience. I'm glad they had a good time. His cheese pics are SO cute. I'm also glad you had a relaxing day. Quiet, naps, and Twilight.... it just doesn't get better than that.

Annalee said...

Awesome pics! It looks so fun! I don't dare ski though after seeing all of the injuries when I worked Ortho/Neuro:( Both of your days beat my 17 hours at the hospital today (paybacks to people are a beast:)although I went on 2 deliveries that I wanted to line the baby girls born up with Aiden:)

grandma gus said...

Wow Alex...very impressive, you are a little dare devil, just like your father was when he was younger!
Jon, look at that great view "at the top"....if I only had the courage to go and see myself!!!
Great job you guys.....
Cami, glad you had some quiet time! We know that is rare!!!
Love you guys!!!
When Aidan is old enough to go, you go along and read your book in the lodge with a full supply of hot choc!!! Go TEAM!

Toni said...

Looks like both of them enjoyed the trip. I love Alex's big grins.

Anonymous said...

These pictures make me really miss the mountains and the snow. It looks like Alex is going to have a future in skiing. It looked like he really had a fun time.

Carrie said...

So cute! Looks like Alex is on his way to being a future Olympian!