Tuesday, March 10, 2009

He's a grownin'!

I can't believe my sweet little Aidan is 9 months old! Right around Christmas time, he started sitting up by himself. This was a great time - he would sit on a blanket and play with toys - keeping himself busy, but staying in one place - heaven for me. I had to include both of these pictures because his smile is so cute and playful in the first, but he looks like a 12 year-old posing in the second.

About a month or 6 weeks later, he started scooting himself backwards. Getting around a little bit, but also finding himself stuck in a few situations - like between these 2 foot rests.
Not long after that, a new scene greeted me when I went to get Aidan up from his crib. He started standing up by himself!
Now he can pull himself up on everything he finds around the house: the footrests, boxes, and even the wall.
The day before we went to the Draper open house with the Gus's, he started crawling forward! He's really getting around now - and thinks it's especially funny to make a dash for the stairs. Luckily, I'm still faster than he is (but I do need to get a gate). He also sticks his tongue out quite a bit - often curling it so much it resembles the shape of a Tostidos Scoop.
I sure love my little Aidan and I can't believe he's growing up so fast. He's even able to rock the spikey harido!

6 comments:

Jennie said...

I am loving the spikey hair. There just isn't any buts about it. He is a cutie!

Melanie said...

So cute! Love the pictures.

Annissa said...

He looks like Hayden with that spikey hair do! How cute

grandma gus said...

What a cutie pie, Aidan sure knows how to steal our hearts...for sure!
Can you believe how fast these little infants/babies can grow into such grown up young people? It is a beautiful miracle and he is a keeper 100 times over!!!

Toni said...

He is getting so big. He always had the best smiles. It won't be long before he's running!

Annalee said...

I LOVE the spikey!! Do it like that tomorrow when we see you (if you want of course:)