Sunday, October 10, 2010

New York, Baby!

Welcome to the Big Apple!I recently had the opportunity to go visit Jon in New York (thanks Jennie, Julie, and Mama Walker for taking care of my cute kiddoes!). So fun! Here's a pic of our apartment building - the taller brown building on the left - Liberty View apartments. Jon's staying in Manhattan - Battery Park (financial district, of course) - so it's way fun.
My first full day in New York I took a sight-seeing bus - which I loved because I got to see everything. This is a statue of good overcoming evil.
This is in the garment district - see - it's a big button and needle (did you know that 1/3 of all American-made clothes are made in New York?)
This is the flat-iron building - what an interesting shape, right? Just like an iron - hence the name!
I thought this was cool - the Dior store was undergoing renovations, so they put up a pretty, giant purse in front to still stay fashionable.
Here's a Times Square pic. If you look to the far right and see the green Toshiba advertisement, look right above it and you can just barely make out the ball that dropped on New Year's and right underneath that - "2010".
Who can resist taking a pic of cute M&Ms?
And, yes! It finally happened. I finally saw Wicked!!! - In New York - at the Gershwin Theatre.
And let me tell you, it was everything I hoped it would be. It was phenomenal!!! Loved it!
Out for now - more NYC pics to come!

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh Yay! I'm so glad you are having fun!!! Can't wait to see all the rest of the pics.... toss, toss. :)

mama fish said...

I hope you had a great time because I'm super jealous!

The kids did great staying over. Aidan was the cutest when we said prayers before bed.:) So sweet!

Thanks for the b-day wishes. See you soon!

p.s. so glad you got to see wicked too!

Annissa said...

I'm so glad you got to get away! Looks like great fun!

Toni said...

Looks like fun. Can't wait to see more pictures.

JILL said...

Awesome pictures! So glad you got to see Wicked. Me and Gabby LOVE it!

Kimi said...

So tempting to go again. :) I'm glad you saw Wicked! Looks like I'm the only one who hasn't now. ha ha.