Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Another Milestone

Today turned out to be a big day for Alex - he lost his first tooth! Coincidentally, it was also his first night of soccer practice - you do the math. That's right, a little bonk with one of his cousin's, and his loose tooth popped out! Alex was a little nervous at first because there was a little bit of blood.In this picture, you can see the permanent tooth behind the hole - wedging its way in (along with a nice Gatorade mustache). Alex ended out being happy he lost his tooth the way he did because it was relatively pain-free and quick!
Here's Alex in some of his favorite jammies - Cowboy Woody - with his lost tooth. He's all ready to put it under his pillow and wait for a visit from the tooth fairy. He thinks the tooth fairy brings a dollar a tooth - I guess that's the going rate these days. I told him when I was little, I only got like 50 cents. Then he asked me if they had TV when I was a kid - I'm not that old! Well - thank heaven for little boys!

9 comments:

Annalee said...

Alex is growing up so fast!! I'm sure the tooth fairy in your neck of the woods is prompt! Once our fairy had the flu and had to apologize on a note under the pillow with a late fee added! No fun! Cute pics!!

grandma gus said...

Alex........love your new SMILE! You do have a very generous Tooth Fairy, so we are happy for you to oranize the connection for knowing
and having a high class "FAIRY"!!!

Glad to know that your soccer practices have started.....please keep us advised with the playing schedule so we can try to come to and see you and the cousins in "fast action". Keep up the good work!!!! Love ya!!!!

Toni said...

How exciting. Our kids get a quarter. This is what I got and we told the kids we don't want the tooth fairy to go broke with all of the teeth she has to buy.

Jennie said...

Sorry about the bonk. Hopefully it wasn't too hard. Congrats on the tooth loss Alex! I think you look awesome.

Kimi said...

Wow. Some kids are rakin in the dough if they get $1. That's funny it didn't fall out earlier with the second tooth already on its way. Cute jammies!

mama fish said...

So sorry about the tooth. I feel like Hayden Robbed Alex's youth. I hope Aidan's bum feels better and the cream worked. Thanks for all your help!

WIKKY said...

Looking as cute as ever (even with the gatorade mustache!) Cute blog! See you tomorrow!

Carrie said...

Oh, so cute! Did I ever tell you that Alex looks sooo much like our neighbor? Our neighbor is Micah's age, but I swear he could be Alex's little brother. :)

JILL said...

What a cutie! Love that smile!